Wednesday 25 October 2017

WOYWW #438: The Distant Hours

Hello Deskers all over the world! Are you ready for another round of WOYWW? Without further ado, I'll just jump right in and show you what my desk looked like earlier this week:


I was working on a tag/bookmark for my journal when I took this photo, right after I'd finished a new spread that you can see on the left hand side. I used some of the printouts I showed you last week. I borrowed the title from Kate Morton, whose novel I used for collage and poetic inspiration. Here's a closer look at the journal spread:







Along with the printouts, I also used a stained doily from a previous session and some home made washi tape, which will be the subject of a future post, perhaps next week. I do like to show off what I create from the bits and pieces that I experiment with, just to prove that they serve a higher purpose!

Onto the tag now: I adhered a piece of inky paper towel to watercolour paper as the background and again used one of the printouts from last week. A bit more paint and a couple of 3D butterfly stickers completed the look. Super quick and easy!




We had a special visitor on our grounds yesterday. Look at this guy casually walking across the field! I took this photo with a small camera from a distance and through glass, so it's not brilliant, but I'll be on the look-out for a repeat visit armed with my DSLR and a telephoto lens for a better shot! 


And just so Oreo doesn't feel upstaged by a fellow predator, here he is lazing in the sunshine on Sunday morning. What can I say, he's got a tough life! 


 Thanks for dropping by today - I'll be around to take a look at your creative desks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.