Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOYWW #433: My new art room!

It's been four weeks since I last posted but it feels like four months! We were without internet for more than two weeks and I narrowly missed last week's WOYWW. I thought it was unacceptable of BT to make us wait this long, when all it took was a flick of a switch to get us connected, but they redeemed themselves by providing reasonable speeds - we're up and running now, so I'm happy!

We've settled into our new house nicely, though it was a bit of a shock at first and very tiring. Most boxes are now unpacked and the cardboard taken away. Even I (being a hoarder of reusable materials) couldn't have reused all that cardboard in a lifetime!

It took me a couple of weeks to set up my art room - I thought I'd give you a little tour today. These are the three main storage areas of the room, using bits and pieces of eclectic furniture salvaged from our old house:




At first I thought of putting my desk (our old dining table) against the back wall, where it would have fitted quite neatly, but then I decided to place it so I can still look out the window sideways. I will cover that grey feature wall inherited from the previous owners with gelli prints. I've already started on it:


Oreo has been unsettled by the move. He's definitely more needy and doesn't like to be left alone, which is becoming a problem at night. We used to lock him in the conservatory in our old house and he was always fine with that. He now makes a racket trying to get out and has even managed to open the door somehow! Then he goes gallivanting around the house at night disturbing our sleep. We'll have to find a solution soon! Installing a cat flap might be the answer, but we haven't let him out yet. Here he is discovering that there are bunnies in the garden! Hopefully, he'll leave them alone.


That's it in a nutshell. I could go on and on but I don't want to keep you up when you have all those other desks to visit. I will go around visiting as soon as I can, though it won't be until later in the day. We couldn't get our son into the local middle school for Y8, so we're homeschooling for now, while waiting for a place to become available. It's hard work and takes up most of my time, but hopefully it's just for a few months. See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.