Wednesday 5 April 2017

WOYWW #409: Erosion bundle sneak peek

I missed two weeks of blogging again. I seem to be preoccupied with house hunting at the moment and I'm just not in the right frame of mind to create anything. I fell far behind with my classes and only manage WOYWW every other week, just to keep in touch. So here I am for this week's desk hop on the Stamping Ground. I haven't created anything new but I remembered my erosion bundles left out in the garden a few weeks ago and couldn't resist a peek. I only opened one of the three parcels, took some photos, added a few bits and pieces and put it back in the garden to let it erode further. This is all inspired by Evelyn Flint by the way, who has some amazing photos of textures on her blog. Here's some of mine so far:

Random imprint of some textured paper on the back of something else

Dictionary paper with turmeric and ink stains

A stained doily

Another doily

These stains are a combination of inks, coffee/tea and turmeric spice. It's so exciting to discover what textures develop over time all on their own! It's like opening a special present! A word of advice though: open your parcels outdoors - you never know what creepy crawlies have taken residence inside. Mine had three earwigs in them - yikes!

In other news - what do the towns of Chepstow and Weston-super-Mare have in common? You'll never guess this, so I'll tell you. We looked at houses near both these places in the past two weeks, but we had to reject them for various reasons. The good thing though is that we can turn our house hunt into family days out, so we don't feel it's wasted time. Here's a family portrait we took in Chepstow Castle and a couple of others inside the castle:




And here's a photo of the old abandoned Victorian pier in Weston-super-Mare. It's so much more intriguing than the new pier! 


Thanks for visiting! 
It's good to touch base once in a while, even if I'm not very active these days.
I hope to return to blogging soon and hopefully I can catch up 
with some of my lessons as well.
Happy WOYWW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.