Friday 21 April 2017

Be the best version of yourself

It's been ages since I did a journal page just for the heck of it - something that wasn't a challenge or an assignment. While I enjoy taking classes, I think it's important to stay in touch with your own creativity and find inspiration all around you. I was watching an interview with a young tennis player the other day and she said something that stuck in my mind. She said she wanted to be the best version of herself and I immediately thought this would make a great journal spread!

I didn't plan this page, but I expect it was inadvertently influenced by a lesson I completed earlier this week on LifeBook.  Again, I took one of those half-finished backgrounds in my altered book and it evolved from there. I added stamping and collage pieces to the background before playing with some colours on top of all that, followed by some white stamping, lettering and doodling. You can follow the evolution of this page below:

Random painted background

collaged tissue paper and stamping

Fluid acrylics blended 

Detail of coloured background

Detail of coloured background

Stamping and circles added

White lettering and doodling added

Details of final page

Details of final page

Details of final page

Final page from a perspective view

I hope you like the evolution of my page and feel inspired to become the best version of yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.