Friday 15 April 2016

Inspiration Wednesday: Art is anything...

I'm not sure how I ended up with this page inspired by Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday #7, but this is what came out of me after watching the video.

The quote says "Art is anything you can get away with". Isn't that true?! This quote is often wrongly attributed to Andy Warhol, but it's actually by someone called Marshall McLuhan, if the Internet is to be believed. Well, this is my art and I'm trying to get away with it in my very own hot air balloon!

I used collage papers on the background, including brown packing paper based on Donna's idea, but I covered most of it up with subsequent layers. I just couldn't help myself! The letters and numbers were stencilled with a Tim Holtz stencil  and I cut my own hot air balloon stencil. I didn't make it for this page in particular - I just happened to have it in my stash. It was actually added as an afterthought. I stuck in a tag as an "inclusion", which contains the second part of the quote. The butterfly is a napkin transfer with some ball chain for the antennae.

I used Golden's raw umber, teal and quinacridone nickel azo gold colour combo. Perhaps I should start using other colours too, so my pages don't end up looking the same all the time, but these are my current favourites. Here are some photos.  I'm still experimenting with my camera's aperture settings, trying to find that "sweet spot" for the close-ups. Too much blur may not be a good thing.












Of course, Oreo had to muscle in for the last shot!
Thanks for visiting!
Wishing you all a creative weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.