Sunday 19 October 2014

Sunday Sentiments #3: 19 October 2014

Another Sunday, another Sunday Sentiments post. This week, I'm sharing a quote by a contemporary writer and philosopher, Neale Donald Walsch.

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

This is certainly true for me. We all have our comfort zones, the place we know and are familiar with. But if we don't venture away from that place, we will never grow or have opportunities to experience life to the full. I'm celebrating this sentiment with a page in my journal. You'll notice that this is a little different from my usual colourful creations, which have become my "comfort zone" lately.



It all started with a brownish/greenish/gold background colour off my brayer for one of my Gelli prints. I added some more paint to this layer; copper to the bottom and black to the top of the page. I completed the background with some white number stamping using acrylic paints. I used KaiserCraft's numbers background stamp. The Gelli plate is great for loading your rubber stamps with paint, but remember to clean them immediately - don't let the paint dry on your stamps! If you can't clean them immediately, just drop them into a bucket of water and clean them later. 

For this layout I used a well-known image transfer method with sticky tape. In case you're not familiar with this method, it involves placing a piece of sticky tape over a laser printed image and then removing the paper from the back with some water. As if by magic, the ink gets transferred to the tape! This is the easiest and quickest way to do an image transfer. The drawback is that you can still see the edge of the tape somewhat, but keep in mind  that it shows up more in the photos than in real life. If  you spread matte gel medium over the tape, it tones down the glossiness as well!










The images I used for this page originate from the Internet. I do realize there may be some copyright issues here, but wouldn't the same apply to images we cut from magazines, books, postcards, calendars, etc? More than ever, I am confused! The funny thing is, we could put ANYTHING in our personal journals, and no one would ever know. It's only because we display them on the Internet that it becomes an issue.

The word art is my own design using free fonts (Xband Rough, PlagueDeath, TrueTypewriter and Bergamot Ornaments). Again, I'm not sure if this violates copyrights of the font creators? They're free for personal use, but is it considered personal if I display it on the Internet? If we took all these copyright restrictions seriously, we couldn't share any of our creations publicly. Let me know what you think about this in the comments! I'd like to hear your opinion. Perhaps it will help me understand the situation.

That's it from me for today. Have you got a sentiment to share this week? Please post your links below making sure to link directly to your post and not your home page! Remember, you can post an older project, as long as it has a sentiment to share. If you would like to find out more about Sunday Sentiments, please follow this link . Have a wonderful week filled with craftiness!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.