Wednesday 28 December 2022

WOYWW #708: December Recap

Here we are, the last WOYWW this year, and as such, my last blog post in 2022. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas! I started writing this post well in advance on Christmas Eve, just to make sure I don't run out of time and I'll only have to press the publish button on Wednesday.  I've been working on both my mixed-media and sewing projects throughout the month, so here's a quick recap: (picture heavy but will try to keep the blurb to a minimum!)

Desk No. 1 - working on my Care December journal in an old book with ecodyed papers - I used a combination of fabric and paper - I got stuck on day 15, but plan to finish it before the end of the year or perhaps combine it with Junk Journal January:






I've also made a couple of these cool fabric bowls following a tutorial by Kristin at Altered States Studio here. It's a bit like papermache with fabric! 

Desk No. 2 - I've made a quilted cover for my sewing machine with some Moda fabric strips from a mystery scrap bag (caution: very colourful!):


I've also finished my first quilt, which made me super proud - I'll be working on one for my hubs next as he is now jealous and keeps hinting at being "cold and exposed"! 

I also completed these Christmas projects listed below:

- an advent calendar that was perfect for chocolate coins...


- a table runner for the living room side table (spot Santa in the background)...

- place  mats for the dining table (again using some strips from a Moda scrap bag):


I've also made this Tilda sausage dog - there's a free pattern here - and lots of other free Tilda patterns here. I'm developing a bit of an obsession with Tilda fabrics at the moment and got some of Tone Finnanger's books as well (she's the Norwegian creator of Tilda) - her books are full of creative projects:



Of course, we had some snow too earlier in the West Midlands - not as much as other parts of the country though - shame it didn't last until Christmas:


And our obligatory Christmas home improvement project, fitted the day before Christmas Eve by my DIY extraordinaire husband (it's a glass splashback purchased on Etsy to brighten up the kitchen):


I'll finish off with this mugshot of Oreo, who's wishing everyone a very happy 2023!


xx

14 comments:

  1. Wow some super projects, love them all, especially the bright sewing machine cover. Happy New Year BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great desk share today. Happy New Year and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see a post from you today, what a creative busy month you had! I love the journal. Wishing you a very happy New Year and may 2023 bring you happiness and good health. Helen #11

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! Love the splashback . . .
    Wishing you good health and happiness in 2023
    Christine #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some lovely projects there Zsuzsa. Your bin and machine cover, and the quilt look great. Bella and Gracie send purrs to Oreo. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a lot of lovely makes....you've been very busy. Thanks for the links. Hope you have a really wonderful 2023.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome post. Your fabric work is stunning. I love love love the machine cover but also the place mats and table runner.- so clever. Happy New Year. x x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super impressive array of sewing projects. Whose a clever girl then? I love the machine cover and the quilt especially. You have really taken to this sewing and are producing quality things but I still am drawn to your journals and this one is gorgeous!
    I have never seen a fabric pot like that, what a terrific project, bet you wil make some more.
    Love to you and your family and especially Oreo who graces your blog each time he is featured.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have totally mastered that sewing, your quilting is brilliant, so precise and neat! I’m very impressed and will definitely follow the link to the fabric bowl. Wishing you health and happiness in 2023 xx
    Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Zsuzsa, you have been so busy and no wonder you are so pleased with the results, so you should be. Nice to see Oreo doing well too. Wishing you a very creative woyww and a happy New Year. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas. Loving seeing all your fabric projects and love your December journal. Cheers for more creative joy in 2023 xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, so many lovely art works! Your quilted pieces are absolutely wonderful! The sausage dog remembers me a similar dog my mom sewed for me many years ago... I am happy to see Oreo is doing well. I wish you a happy, sucessful, and peaceful 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such fabulous projects!
    We didn't get any snow by us - West Mids as well.
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2023. Anne x 17

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always such a treat to see your monthly recap, Zsuzsa, and this one is no exception. It's a visual cornucopia of delightful projects, and I am agog at your creativity in two wildly different areas. You are quite amazing. Happy New Year, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.