Wednesday 16 January 2019

WOYWW #502: My word for the year

Hello peeps - I'm here again to link up with WOYWW, the longest running blog hop in history (and I think that's a pretty safe assumption!) I was going to tidy up my desk today - but something stopped me. I could make excuses but the truth is it was plain laziness that prevented my plans. I had a go at it this morning so that I could show you a 'before' and 'after' shot but I gave up after just a few minutes so I only have the 'before' shot for now. Here it is (eeeks!):


It's getting to the point where the mess is no longer manageable so I will have to tidy up - just not now. I haven't done much in the past two weeks in the way of crafting. I've made a new tag though, that you can see on the mini easel. It was for a monthly challenge in the Tim Holtz Addicts Facebook group. The January challenge is to use tissue paper (either TH or any other) and the majority of the supplies including the focus point has to be TH. Here's a closer look at my tag:




It features my word for the year, which is GRATITUDE. This is the word that resonates with me the most right now. After years of limbo when I chose words like 'progress' and 'evolve' yearning for something more, something different, I think I am now content and happy enough to appreciate what I have instead of wanting change. 

This tag features several TH supplies: the butterfly was cut from TH tissue wrap and mounted on textured watercolour paper to give it some weight, the tag itself and the bookplate were cut with a TH die, as was the vintage lace at the bottom, the book plate was coloured with distress oxides, the numbers came from a TH embossing folder, and most importantly the ribbon was torn from a piece of TH fabric. I've bough a whole bunch of 1/4 metre strips from Cotton Patch (in the UK). Here's my stash:


I can also use these to make journal covers, tag pouches or just cut them into collage elements. I was very happy to receive these pieces of fabric - they're a great addition to my growing TH collection! 

I'm also entering this project in the Craft Stamper Magazine Anything Goes January Challenge. I made sure there was something stamped on my project, i.e. the script stamp in the background. 

Happy Wednesday to my WOYWW friends and anyone else who's visiting! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.