Wednesday 12 December 2018

WOYWW #497: Advent Journal (Part 1)

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I finally got up at 5:30. At least I have some extra time to work on my WOYWW post for today! Not long to go till #500 - don't want to miss that!

I've been working on my Advent Journal inspired by Kasia's Advent Calendar prompts. I managed to finish week one and started week two. I'm working in a small notebook that I first introduced in this post two years ago. It was perfect for this project having the exact number of pages needed for an advent journal. Serendipity at its best!


I don't always have time for daily journalling, but I managed to catch up on Monday and hope to finish the journal in time for Christmas. This was just what I needed to get back in the game after a dry-spell and I'm really motivated to complete this project.

Here are my first seven pages. I've written the prompts in the captions. The page shown on my desk is for December 8, which hasn't been completed yet. I plan to play catch-up at the weekend and then I'll be up-to-date! Once I'm in the "zone", these pages come together very quickly.

Self portrait

Rituals

Something I know

Magazine collage

Go for a walk

Be amazed, tell about it

Favourite recipe

I've been the lucky recipient of one of Shaz Silverwolf's perfectly crafted Christmas cards, which narrowly missed out on being featured in my WOYWW post last week. I'm so humbled to even be on your Christmas list, Shaz, thank you so much! I hope these photos give it justice - I love those tiny little red gemstones!



302 words - not too bad - I managed to keep it short and sweet today. Happy #497! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.