Wednesday 14 September 2016

WOYWW #380: Altered Tarot Cards

At this time yesterday, I still had no idea what I was going to post for WOYWW, as I found myself in-between projects yet again. Then I received a newsletter from Roben-Marie Smith with a free tutorial to create a tri-fold book and I felt an irresistible urge to try it! This is what my desk looked like at the initial stages of the process. I had just covered some tarot cards with dictionary paper, waiting for the gel medium to dry. You can see the original cards in the background. They are slightly larger than 4" X 6".


Next, I added some gesso and colours, which you can see in this photo:


After adding some raw umber, collage pieces, washi tape and white stencilling, my folded booklet looked something like this:



At the next stages, I stitched around the edges and added some photos to create a mini-scrapbook. My theme was inspired by our visit to Portsmouth in August, where we saw the remains of the Mary Rose. This is what my finished book looks like, complete with white doodles and splatters.









Of course, Oreo had to muscle in too and photobomb my shoot!


Thanks for visiting! I'll be making my rounds shortly!

See if you can guess what the numbers 1545, 437 and 500 refer to!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.