Friday 5 December 2014

Art Journal Page: Santa's Car

This page was inspired by the Word of Inspiration Wednesday challenge in the Kraafters Kommunity on Google+. The word to inspire us this week is SNOW. That lovely white stuff I haven't seen in the last couple of years!

Don't you just love a snowy scene, especially on a clear night when the moon and the stars illuminate the snow cover making it sparkle! I wanted to evoke this feeling with my page, which is titled "Santa's Car" based on the stamp of the same name that I used by Clarity Stamp.

The basic idea for this layout came from Christina Lorraine Young's video here.

This was a quick and simple project for me. I started by smudging some dark blue paint around for the sky and brayered over it with white acrylics. I cut some pieces of book paper for the hills and gessoed them. I added some triangles cut from patterned paper for the trees and a printout of a photo of the moon off the internet. I stamped the image of the car on a separate piece of paper, cut around the shape and adhered it with gel medium. I coloured it with oil pastels and used a white pen for some highlights. I used tiny dots of Stickles glitter glue for the stars and splattered some watered down white acrylics to imitate falling snow.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.